Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm back with fish!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I sure did since we went to our favorite "get away from the city" spot in the cabins in a wooded area with a great lake for fishing!
Oh, my goodness! Lots of pictures to show but I can only share a few for now. While we were gone to the cabins my husband and my 14 year old son set out limb lines. The fish really came through for us this year!! They caught two 30 pound Flathead catfish! They also caught a 20 pounder and a few 10's. Of course, everyone wanted pictures with the fish! And, by the way, to date the biggest fish my husband has ever caught was a 45 pounder! So to catch the two 30 pounders was FANTASTIC! Check out these fish!
This is the first one, I took the pictures while still at the cabins:


These are the pictures of the 30, 20 and 10 pounders that we went ahead and brought home before we cut them:
Yea, it was a good trip. Of course, that's not all that happened over our holiday trip. My 8 year old son would never even try to ride his bike without training wheels before. My husband told him this time that he will not bring his bike unless he agreed to let us take the training wheels off and he would try to learn to ride without them. SOOOO, after only a short while, in a few hours time really, he finally got it figured out! Here he is with my soon-to-be 11 year old son right behind just in case he takes a spill:

Isn't it funny how you just can't wait to get out for a while and then you just can't wait to get back home again? That's me!

1 comment:

Janice Lois said...

Glad you enjoyed your family trip.